Best of Thai Cuisine and Culture
Before World War II, Koh Chang of Thailand was not known to the world. But today it is world famous tourist destination for those who visit Thailand and stood as the third largest island that has a well-preserved ecosystem. Koh Chang literally means "The Elephant Island" due to its shape. It is not just famous for water sport and nature lovers, it also offers their Thai cuisine, Western and Seafood to foodies. With plenty of restaurants and hotels, dining options in Koh Chang are diverse. Apart from dining its white sand beaches have BBQs and Bars that serve you local to international food with the best beer to hang at night outs.
What do you know about Thai Cuisine?
- The residents of Thailand even though perform fishing they domestically consume rice which is their staple food that is known as "Hom Mali" (especially jasmine variety rice) is the central part of every meal.
- The Thai cuisine is particularly blended with five types of basic seasonings that include Sweet, Bitter, Spicy, Sour and Salty. None of their dishes is complete unless all these tastes are combined together.
- Every Thai cuisine includes commonly used ingredients such as Garlic, Coriander, Lime Juice, Palm Sugar, Chilies, Galangal (Thai Ginger), Lemon Grass and Fish Sauce.
- Almost every resident of Thailand consumes rice which is their staple food and included in every meal. It is available in 5,000 varieties all preserved in the rice gene bank of the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), of Philippines. IRRI is the official patron and king of Thailand.
- When out at night in Thailand, never miss their dinner that includes a variety of meat, fish dishes, Seafood with plenty of local vegetables, a noodle dish, soup, herbs and spices such as garlic and pepper which are all served along with rice.
- Once the dinner is made land on their desserts section depending on the regions, choose your dessert which is not complete without the fresh fruit such as pineapple, and if want something colourful and exotic then order rice cakes.
- If you are on your street walk then never miss their delicious snacks on the roadside at marketplaces in Thailand. They include mouth-watering spring rolls, chicken or beef satay, fresh raw vegetables dipped in spice, soups, salads and some local sweets.
- Today Thai cuisine is found in many countries like Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Indonesia, Burma and Malaysia. Hence Thai Cuisine is one of the fastest growing kitchens that is most popular around the world.
- Even though noodles was brought into Thailand by Chinese long ago, but the Thai locals use only Western cutlery ( a fork and long spoon in place of the knife as Thai cutlery) instead of chopsticks. While eating their food, they serve only one dish at a time and don't combine other foods on the same plate. They use bowls just to have soups.
Thai cuisine is no different from Indian, and today it is world famous for their exotic dishes that are blended with all the seasonings such as sweet, sour, bitter, spicy and salty using herbs and spices such as garlic and pepper. Enjoy the Thai cuisine at famous restaurants, hotels, roadside streets at the marketplace, BBQs and Bars at beaches which serve you lots of beer to hang out at night along with varieties of meat and Seafood which are sure to spoil foodies like you.